Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Los Minas 11 - Baptisms, Final Temple Trip, Miracles

Los Minas 11 - - Baptisms, Final Temple Trip, Miracles

My last temple trip...........

Probably one of the most spiritual moments of my mission was leaving the temple. Looking back, proud of the effort and work I've put in these past 24 months. It was sad. But I think what keeps me from tears and being depressed is seeing the fruits of the mission work. 


Sorry for not writing yesterday like I usually do. I know I've been pretty bad with the letters lately. But we had interviews with President Corbitt all day yesterday. As a result, we had our P-day switched to today. 

It was a great day though. We went to visit Villa Agricolas, one of my old areas, to say goodbye and it was super tough. I got to see a lot of people I care about, even though some of them weren't there for work and stuff. It was - tied with Los Molinos - another great way to spend P-day. 
Misiòn Republica Dominicana Santo Domingo Este 2K14 - 2K16

Only part of the group. All of us going early to begin college studies.
SAW WALDO AT THE TEMPLE AGAIN. He's doing so amazing. Getting ready to go on a mission next year when he finishes high school.
Saying goodbye to Elder Reyes. He left to San Pedro to one of the biggest country areas of the entire mission, Quisqueya. Tons of mud, Dominican cows, machetes, and adventures.


It's kind of starting to sink in though that I really will be home shortly. I am giving it my all these last few days. Miguel Casò and Jaris Capoi were able to be baptized last week! It was such a spiritual service and their family and friends were able to be there which is the most important part! We're seeing progress with their families even though they haven't been able to go to church yet. But you just gotta' keep enduring and give them the perfect chance to accept the Gospel. 

Mariolvi, the daughter of two less-active parents in the church is getting baptized this Saturday! Her parents have come back to church as well, which is such a blessing. It was a fight to get them active again. But their daughter is really motivating them to be better.
Yaris and the gang.

MIGUEL !! 

We had a SWEET experience with Rebecca. We've been teaching her for about a month and a half. Initially, Elder Reyes and I started talking to her doing a service laying tile for a member family. She was Jehovah Witness for a long time but left it about 6 months ago. She was really interested and had a TON of really hard questions to answer. Doubts, but interested. We invited her to be baptized and she told us basically that it was going to be a WHILE before she committed to that. But we kept passing by. 

We invited her to observe the baptism last week and she all pf the sudden gets really anxious to see it. It was a great night and everything and she seemed really calm and at peace. Elder Cruz - my new companion - comes and his FIRST day, we got and visit her with some members. We asked her how the baptismal service was and she begins to tell us a story. About a month into teaching her (so, a week before this baptismal service), she had a dream one night that she was being baptized in a small font-like area. She didn't remember anything about the service. All she could remember is how the font looks. She told us the reason she was so anxious to go to the baptism is to see if it was the same font from her dream (she had never seen the baptismal font in the church). When she saw the baptism, she came to the realization that it was THE SAME EXACT FONT FROM HER DREAM. The glass in front, the baptismal suit, the set up, EVERYTHING was as she saw in her dream. She told us that it was a sign from God and she committed herself to be baptized this 20th, the last Saturday of my mission.

Nothing less than a miracle. I was in shock when she told us. She's left coffee, going to church and SUPER motivated. The cool thing is that her cousins that are helping her out who live right next to her, and both of them had dreams as well that testified to them the truthfulness of the Gospel. It amazes me just how miraculous God is and to what extent He goes to help convert those who have softened hearts.
My new companion, Elder Cruz and I bringing out our inner Mexican cowboys. 
ARRRRRIBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Que trensa en tus veinas, carnal. Me gusta tu bigote, vato.
Elder Cruz at EL CORRIDO. The restaraunt from heaven in this zone. Traditional (more or less) Mexican food. Did someone say Los Favs?


I know this church is Christ's. I testify that mission work is inspired. That the Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead and that only through His influence, people can become converted. 

I hope you all have a great week. I'll be seeing you in two! 

My homecoming talk will be the 28th of August at 10AM (Dad you know the details : INSERT by DAD: At the Chapel on Lemon Avenue and San Tan Blvd - address: 1805 E. San Tan Blvd, Queen Creek AZ 85142).  Dad, just make sure to include the invitation in the letter and to those that would love to receive an invitation.

I love you guys.


Elder Graff

No comments:

Post a Comment