Monday, August 10, 2015

Santo Domingo (Espaillat) 3 - Fast Week

Santo Domingo (Espaillat) 3 - Fast Week


Probably the fastest week to date in the mission.

We were honestly so busy I hardly had any time to think hahaha. First we did an exchange with some Elders and I went with Elder Turketo who's from New Zealand. It was awesome and I took my first hot shower in 10 MONTHS --AND IT WAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE !  I WISH THE COMPUTER HAD DOUBLE CAPS. Words cannot describe how happy I was --haha.

On the exchange at a dinner that a member prepared for us --which was pretty sweet.

But we are doing so great. We have two families we're teaching that both came to church on Sunday. One of them we found contacting when everything fell through during the day last Saturday. They are progressing really well and we're planning a trip to the temple for this Saturday. Rafa and Rosa are headed out to Haiti till the 5th of September which is going to push back their baptism till the 19 of September. But before Rafa left in our last lesson with them for a while he told us that he's going to be going to the "Mormon church" in Haiti so he can understand a little better (because he's still learning Spanish a bit). But they're both super excited for when they get back and even though it'll be a little while yet, they are ready. 

Working really well with the ward and we're really seeing the miracles. Honestly, it's just trying to fit everything into our schedule cause we're working both the areas and it's really hard sometimes. But, we're doing everything we can and God is definitely blessing us.

Sorry my letters keep getting shorter and shorter. I had a total of 15 minutes to write today so that was sweet thanks to this Internet Center again. But, everything's going great and we're really having the time of our lives.

Elder Graff

Exodus 4:10-12

"And Moses said unto the Lord, Oh my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue."

"And the Lord said unto him, who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?"
 
"Now therefore go, and I WILL BE WITH THY MOUTH, and teach thee what thou shalt say"

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find a palm tree tall enough to get you hot water for that shower?
    We love your Blog, keep it coming, Bill and Millie Glazier

    ReplyDelete