Monday, July 27, 2015

Santo Domingo (Espaillat) 2 - Temple Blessings; Old Friends

Santo Domingo (Espaillat) 2 - Temple Blessings; Old Friends

Another school year starting up. Shout out to Graffie for being a Senior! Even though I'm gonna' miss your graduation, I love you kid and I'm so proud of the things you're doing.
 
The mission is great. Elder Cornejo and I have really been having an awesome time together. The start of this transfer is a lot different than the start of my transfer in Villa Agricolas. Really taking the viewpoint I had at the end of my last area now, and starting off with a great attitude. That's what the mission's for: live and learn. But we have such amazing people we're teaching. Each one is going to have to overcome something to be able to fully accept Christ, the main one here being marriage. But, we contacted a really prepared family that came to church yesterday so we're really gonna try and focus a lot on how we can keep their excitement and interest going. Really seeing miracles in the area.

We had to do an emergency exchange on Tuesday to Wednesday morning due to some stuff that was going on in the zone, Really kept the week interesting- haha. 

The coolest thing is that we got to go to the temple on Friday!!!!!! We brought a Haitian couple we're teaching and a part-member family. It was such a great experience. Discussed and talked about what we do inside the temple, the great importance of them and the blessings we recieve from that sacred work that we do. I've really been able to see out here on the mission more than ever the role that the temple plays in our lives and how extremely necessary the covenants we do with God in that Holy House when it comes to do with the Plan of Salvation. And plus I SAW JUAN CARLOS, our mission leader and one of my best friends I've made here while we were over there. Saw a couple members from Boca Chica too hahahah. It was so sweet to actually be able to talk with them 7 months later.
You just had to take the tallest part of the hill didn't you Elder Graff!  Dominican Yao Ming
 
Sorry I don't have as much time as I'd like to have this week but hey, that's slow taking 30 minutes to finally get logged in Dominican internet. : )

Dating advice in the Bible that I found this morning finishing my studies in the New Testament. For all you guys wondering how you should ask a girl out on a date, read this verse and I'm gonna change up the wording a little bit.

2 John 1:12  "Having many things to say unto you, I would not send you a text or even call you, but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy might be full."
 
Have a great week America.

Elder Graff

No comments:

Post a Comment